Assistant Superintendents Meeting
Brentwood Country Club
5123 Country Club Dr
Brentwood, TN 37027
Host Superintendent: Brad Erickson
Registration: 7:30 AM
Meeting: 8:00AM - 12:00 PM
Ryan Cummings, Elcona Country Club
Aaron Patton, Purdue University
Sharpen your leadership skills and learn how to budget, mentor staff, and utilize agronomic decision tools for your current, or future, golf course. This seminar will cover various topics related to budgeting (tracking, justification, labor, purchasing, etc.), mentoring staff (hiring, evaluating, dismissing, building teams, etc.), and data-driven agronomic decision tools (nutrient use, PGR scheduling, pest activity, fungicide longevity, growth potential, etc.).
Learning Objectives (After attending this program, attendees will be able to):
- Define basic items in a budget.
- Learn the fundamentals of tracking labor and their associated costs (benefits and taxes).
- Calculate labor costs associated with specific maintenance tasks.
- Develop a justification for labor expenditures when given a case study.
- Learn fundamentals of purchasing and the development of a cost:benefit ratio.
- Build awareness of data-driven agronomic decision tools.
- List three new ways that data-driven tools could be utilized at your facility.
- Give examples of important interviewing questions to ask during the hiring process.
- List three techniques used to enhance staff training.
- Describe the benefit of regularly evaluating staff performance.
- Consider various scenarios and the appropriate procedures for terminating an employee.