- The Golf Course Mechanic will report to the Director of Agronomy and Golf Course Superintendent.
- The Golf Course Mechanic will be responsible to ensure all equipment maintenance needs are met.
- The Golf Course Mechanic will schedule, perform, record and adhere to a preventive maintenance schedule.
- The Golf Course Mechanic will train staff on daily preventive maintenance. (Visual inspection, grease, oil, and operator safety)
- The Golf Course Mechanic will maintain the cleanliness and safety of the shop.
Job Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Available to work early hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, welding, gas and diesel engines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain productive work relationship with maintenance staff.
- Ability to read and write and follow oral and written instruction.
- Able to work in a standing position for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (occasionally up to 100 pounds)
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Inspect, repair, sharpen, adjust, and test all reel and rotary mowers.
- Change oil and filters on all equipment.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical issues with small engine equipment.
- Implement and maintain a preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain detailed inventory and maintenance records.
- Safety training for equipment operators.
- Visual inspection of operational equipment on the course.
- Assist with mechanical problems in other departments.(Clubhouse, Pool)
- Assist with Golf Course maintenance duties.
Director of Agronomy
GCSAA Class A Superintendent