The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Superintendent’s supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths; supervises the maintenance staff and training of golf course maintenance personnel. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendent’s capacity during his absence.
- Assist in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course.
- Assist in scheduling work and supervises the maintenance staff.
- Instruct maintenance personnel on the operations and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Assist in pesticide calibration and operates application equipment.
- Assist in the operations and maintenance of irrigation system.
- Supervise ongoing special projects.
- Perform assigned tasks as required.
- Assist in personnel management and evaluations, employee safety, and personnel discipline. Maintain a perfect example of time keeping at the start of the workday and by clocking out when the work shift ends.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in course maintenance based on education
- TN State Driver’s License
- TN State Pesticides License
- Basic knowledge with emphasis on Excel and Word
- Outside with extreme temperatures, rocky and hilly terrain. Exposure to pesticides and various turf chemicals.
- Active listening skills and ability to articulate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously; maintain composure when dealing with stressful situations; absolute confidentiality required.
- First Aid/CPR – GCSAA Member
If you are interested in the position you may
ALL CANDIDATES AND EMPLOYEES ARE
SUBJECT TO DRUG TESTINGAND BACKGROUND CHECK
TN Drug-Free Workplace/EOE