Salary: Competitive Rates, based on experience
Benefits: Employer Paid Health Insurance, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Employer Paid Accident Insurance, Sick Leave, Monthly Employee Benefit, RSA Retirement, Vacation.
The superintendent directs the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, roughs and bunkers. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining both courses as one of the premier golf destination spots in North Alabama.
Goose Pond Colony Resort is located in Scottsboro Alabama. Our facility includes 36 holes that include the Lake Course, Plantation Course, and two driving ranges. Goose Pond Colony is a four-star rated course that has been recognized as one of the top places to play in Alabama and the #1 public golf course in North Alabama.
The Lake Course is George Cobb designed course that opened in 1971. The Lake Course has been host to seven National Junior College Athletic Association Div II Championships. With its natural layout and views of the Tennessee River from every hole, the course has received many accolades over the past few years. Voted “most fun course to play in north Alabama” in 1995 and 1996 by the Dixie Section of the PGA, the course is listed in Golf Digest Places to Play with 4 stars 2008/2009.
The Plantation Course features open fairways and new Mini-Verde greens. The Plantation Course is a “Tee It Forward” golf course making it a more enjoyable experience for golfers of any level.
- Oversee and run the daily operation of assigned golf course and manage the associates to achieve goals set by the General Manager and the course standards documentations.
- Works with the General Manager to ensure that annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and sometimes construction of related golf course features.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing turf, horticultural and ornamental features.
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment.
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in maintenance and control of irrigation system.
- Knowledge of irrigation installation and golf course construction practices.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens; the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Appropriate certification and/or licenses in application of fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides.
• Horticultural knowledge and landscaping skills.
- Extensive knowledge of turf and lawn care maintenance procedures with an emphasis on golf turfgrass varieties.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA).
- Financial management skills (e.g., ability to analyze Expense & Revenue statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning).
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Knowledge of grounds equipment and routine maintenance needs.
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs, assists with the preparation of required reports.
- Project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity.
- Use planning and forecasting to anticipate future needs
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Communicate with supervisors and operations on issues that affect maintenance, staffing, tournament schedules, special event schedules, or any activities to allow proper planning to minimize disruptions.
- Assists in procurement of supplies and materials within budget, using preferred vendors when possible.
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory controls, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Contribute to a positive work climate and to the overall team effort of Goose Pond Colony Resort.
• Work in partnership with golf operations with the goal of producing the best playing conditions while maintaining a course that is playable to local standards.
- Regular and prompt attendance as well as the ability to work the schedule as required.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in management of department members, ensures that associates obtain appropriate licensing, and incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Works to maintain cooperation with other departments on property.
- Motivated to provide quality conditions and superior guest services for all members and club guests.
- Attend monthly board meetings and make a report on activities.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises approximately 10-15 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A two- or four-year Turf degree from a recognized University/Institution or at least 10 years of golf course experience.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Will require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator
The Deadline for submittal is May 10, 2019. They can be emailed to my email. firstname.lastname@example.org