Greystone Golf Club – Dickson, Tennessee
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Greystone Golf Club is an 18-hole, daily fee golf course that offers a challenging yet fun round of golf to players of all skill levels. Located in historic Dickson, the course is a short drive from Nashville and is easily accessible throughout Middle Tennessee. We have Bentgrass greens, Meyer Zoysia tees and fairways, and Fescue/Bermuda roughs.
Reporting directly to the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent assists the Superintendent in comprehensive golf course management and upkeep. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, turf management programs, property/asset management, personnel management and development, irrigation system oversight and administering pesticide applications.
- Assist Superintendent in all phases of golf course maintenance and agronomic operations, cost control and personnel
- Works directly with the Superintendent to maintain golf course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner
- Work independently and be a self-starting problem solver
- Aid in the care and maintenance of turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees on the property
- Aids and assists staff with planting of new vegetation, maintaining and periodically removing and replacing trees, and focusing on high stress areas
- Aids in the recruitment, supervision and retention of maintenance staff.
- Oversees staff in the proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment
- Participates in the application and recording of chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides…) on the Club’s grounds in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
- Acts as Superintendent when the Superintendent is absent
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs
- Knowledge of use of equipment and tools used for golf course maintenance
- Skilled in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating employees
- As required have the proper certifications for safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products used in maintaining the course
- Cursory knowledge of the game of golf, rules and methods of play
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment and material needs related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments
- Ability and knowledge to layout irrigation and drainage patterns
- Two-year Degree or Certification in Turf Management or related field, (ex. Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant or Soil Science) or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of irrigation systems
- Valid driver’s license
Salary commensurate with background and experience.
Recent or soon to be Turf Graduates are encouraged to apply.
Please send resumes or inquiries to Bheath1@hotmail.com or call (615) 446-0044.
Golf Course Superintendent