Course: Egwani Farms Golf Course (Rockford, TN)
The spray /Irrigation Technician, under the supervision of the Director of grounds or Assistant/Grounds Supervisor, performs chemical applications and irrigation repairs on the golf course; fertilizes tees, greens, and fairways; and applies chemicals on the greens.
The Spray/Irrigation Technician is responsible for reading, understanding and keeping current with chemical labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). This position is also responsible for compiling preliminary reports of pesticide usage and irrigation inventory for the director of Grounds.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead all efforts related to pesticide applications. Operate and oversee maintenance of all spraying and application equipment.
- Maintain and calibrate all pesticide application equipment to include, sprayers and spreaders.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Best Management Practices as it relates to safe and proper application of pesticides.
- Preventive maintenance and repair in all aspects of irrigation efficiency.
- Properly mows greensand tees.
- Operates tractors, using specific attachments, to till, cultivate, and grade new turf areas.
- Assist with landscaping; planting, cultivating, pruning, care of plants, shrubs and trees on golf course.
- Responsible for bunker maintenance.
- Repairs divots throughout course.
- Rakes sand traps
- Maintains a strong knowledge of emergency procedures.
Experience and Education
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Prior golf maintenance experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a valid driver license and meet company driving standards.
- Excellent equipment operation skills.
Job Type: Full-time (March through November)
Part-time (December through February)
Please send resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls no walk ins.