Equipment Manager/ Mechanic – Toqua Golf Club @ Tellico Village
Position Available: Immediately
Tellico Village is a golf community located at the foothills of the Smokey Mountains and on the shores of the Tennessee River – Tellico Lake. The community is home to three championship golf courses; Toqua Golf Club, Tanasi Golf Club and The Links @ Kahite.
The Equipment Manager reports to the Head Golf Course Superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for the golf course equipment fleet.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment.
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, frequently makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Oversees the shop area maintenance.
- Regulates employees' use of equipment in absence of Golf Superintendents, if needed, and performs other duties as directed.
- Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
- Working knowledge of the general operation of gasoline-, diesel- and electric-powered equipment, the proper methods of servicing golf course equipment, and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment. Must have at least one year of experience in the maintenance of golf course equipment.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Ability to move heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep business records.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Paid for Trade Association Memberships as well as Continuing Education/ Conferences
- Hourly position in the $20 an hour range – based upon experience
- Paid Health, Dental and Vision
- 401-K with company matching opportunities
- Mobile Phone
- Facility Privileges
Please send resume firstname.lastname@example.org