Assistant Superintendent, Five Oaks Golf & Country Club
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to Superintendent or Other Department Manager or Director
Oversees the maintenance and construction of the golf course (or courses) and ensures that turf grass is repaired and maintained to established standards.
- Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
- Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
- Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
- Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
- Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Bachelors degree, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from four or two-year college or technical school; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
Regularly stands, walks and sits. Regularly uses hands, reaches with arms and hands, talks or hears. Occasionally climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls, tastes or smells. Regularly lifts up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds.
Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, fumes and/or airborne particles. Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
Valid Driver’s License, Pesticide Application License
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Please follow link to complete application process