Job Title: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Posting Dates: 12/22/2017 – 12/29/2017
Department: Druid Hills Golf Maintenance
Department Manager: Shane Bilbrey
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Superintendent’s supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths; supervises the maintenance staff and training of golf course maintenance personnel. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendent’s capacity during his absence.
- Assist in planning and supervising the maintenance of golf course.
- Assist in scheduling work and supervises the maintenance staff.
- Instruct maintenance personnel on the operations and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Assist in pesticide calibration and operates application equipment.
- Assist in the operations and maintenance of irrigation system.
- Supervise ongoing special projects.
- Perform assigned tasks as required.
- Assist in personnel management and evaluations, employee safety, and personnel discipline. Maintain a perfect example of time keeping at the start of the workday and by clocking out when the work shift ends.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in course maintenance based on education
- Basic computer skills with emphasis on Excel and Word
- Must be proficient in all golf course equipment and be able to train employees on use.
- Ability to work outside with extreme temperatures, rocky and hilly terrain, exposure to pesticides and various turf chemicals.
- TN State Driver’s License
- TN State Pesticides License
If you are interested in transferring to this position please see HR for a transfer application. New applicants can visit the career page at www.fairfieldglade.cc to apply.
WE ARE A TENNESSEE DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
ALL JOB APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE SUBJECT TO DRUG TESTING