Golf Course Manager (Recreation Manager II)
Pay Group N (Entry level - $55,278 to $64,951 per year)
PRIMARY JOB TASKS
- Provides management of the City-owned Centennial Golf Course.
- Markets and promotes the Department and its services.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and oversees various recreational activities and golf programs.
- Recruits, selects, trains, manages, assigns, evaluates and counsels employees.
- Prepares and maintains various records, reports and correspondence, including, but not limited to, revenues and expenses, safety inspections, accident reports, payroll records, employee performance, etc.
- Establishes program goals, objectives, policies and procedures; evaluates operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coordinates development and construction of facilities, including the review and evaluation of plans and design proposals for new construction or renovations, participating in the development of construction plans and conducting an overview of projects in progress.
- Prepares departmental budget and Capital Improvement Project information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Golf Course Management, Recreation or Leisure Services and five (5) years’ experience in recreation or leisure services; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PGA professional membership is desirable.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or post-offer physical exam.
- Must possess valid State of Tennessee Driver’s license.
Individuals interested in this position must contact the Personnel Department at email@example.com by 12:00 noon on Friday, December 1, 2017
THE CITY OF OAK RIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING THE DISABLED