Maintains all grounds on park property. Plans and executes the day-to-day plans for maintaining all park grounds.Must be able to work holidays, weekends and nights during special events.
Essential Job Duties
Maintaining park grounds
- Mows, string trims and edges park grounds using commercial grade equipment.
- Uses commercial landscape blower to remove grass and debris from walking paths and sidewalks.
- Adheres to safety standards and operates equipment safely around the public.
Maintains and transports equipment
- Performs general inspection of all equipment including fluids, belts, and blades before using.
- Performs general maintenance of equipment including cleaning, greasing, and blade sharpening.
- Cleans and maintains all equipment and work areas.
- Loads and unloads all equipment for transportation to worksites.
Other Job Duties
Performs other job duties as assigned, including:
- May operate tractor to maintain large fields.
- May operate chainsaw to trim or cut trees.
- Assists with preparing parks for special events.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities to assist other employees in the department as required.
Education and Experience:The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of a High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply online at www.franklintn.gov/jobs
Deadline to apply is March 16.